Albany County Veterinary Hospital is located in Albany, New York, in the town of Guilderland, right across the street from Stuyvesant Plaza. ACVH was founded in 1922 as a mixed large and small animal practice by Dr. John J. Wermuth, a Cornell graduate. Dr. Milford Becker, also a Cornell veterinarian, purchased the practice in 1952 and made the transition to a primarily companion animal practice in the 1960's, before selling it to Dr. Donald Dries in April 1977. Dr. Dries "passed the torch" to Dr. Virginia Jarvis in August of 2006. Our friendly, courteous health care team seeks to provide the best possible medical, surgical and dental care for the pets of Albany and Schenectady County and the Capital District Area. Our patients include not only dogs and cats, but rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, other small mammals and reptiles. Please take a moment to contact us today, to learn more about our veterinary practice. Find out why ACVH is Albany's Choice for Veterinary Healthcare!